Recruiting Infrastructure and Cloud Masterclass
The Recruiting Infrastructure and Cloud Masterclass
Overview and Objectives:
Another world first for IT recruitment consultants, resourcers and HR professionals looking to build up credibility within today’s IT recruitment arena.
This training will teach you everything you need to know in order to confidently discuss a broad range of IT concepts, strategies, roles
and technologies associated with Infrastructure and Cloud. As well as clarifying the jargon and terminology seen on IT CVs, you will be introduced to some of the newer associated technologies (such as virtualisation BYOD, Cloud, and Internet of Things) and become more confident in handling all the associated roles in these areas.
The course is designed to give even the most cynical technophobes a warm feeling about the brave new world of the evolving IT architecture in the 21st century. Regardless of your previous occupation or experience with IT, we are confident that we can instill a new passion, energy and credibility, thus giving you that solid foundation as you launch into your new career.
IT Infrastructure Basics
- The evolution from Dumb terminal to Virtualised Citrix
- From Dumb terminals to PC
- Client server architecture
- The benefits of thick versus thin
- VDI, Zero client, VmWare and Wyse
- The Citrix Xen family
- 3-tier, n-tier and peer-to-peer
- LAN, CAN, WAN, MAN and PAN
- Pros and Cons of Star, bus, ring and tree topologies
- Copper and CAT
- Fibre and FTTx
- Wireless to 802.11- 2016
- Applications along the architecture
- Advantages and disadvantages of each in network design
The Infra spectrum from Onsite to Cloud
- When are you truly
- Data Centre
- The two definitions of ‘virtualisation’
- Virtualisation of the server
- Virtualisation of the IT department
- Everything as a service
- Duties of a Systems Administrator
Looking after the health of a system
The elements of ITIL – Book 1 to 5
The Windows Administrator
- Active Directory
- Batch, SCCM and SCOM
- The Unix Administrator
- The Kernel and the Shell
- Shell scripting
- Bourne, Bourne Again, POSIX and Tenex
- Patching, user group management
- Security sweep
- Systems configuration management (SCM)
- Continuous Delivery
- F5 Load Balancing
- Cisco versus Juniper
- CCNA, CCNP and CCI
- Cyber Security
- The network wasn’t designed for Game of Thrones!
- IP Reputation
- SSL inspection
- Attack vectors
- Dark Web and its terminology
- Pishing and Spear phishing
Cloud Case Studies
- Amazon AWS
- Amazon worldwide Cloud Architecture
- Regions and Zones
- Microsoft Azure
- The Pros and Cons
- The Interfaces of each
Quizzes, group presentations and workshops throughout the day.
Content and sequence may vary slightly at the trainer’s discretion.
Examples of slides using during this delivery :
Click on slide window to activate (they may take time to load).
Additional questions you may have.
Where is this training delivered?
Where in the world can this be delivered?
What are the timings of the course?
What is given out as course material?
What is the optimum size of the class?
Do the attendees need to prepare or research anything before the event?
Enquire about this course
All of the Masterclass Training Courses
- IT Recruitment Masterclass. Day 1 IT Terminology Demystified
- IT Recruitment Masterclass Day 2 : The IT Department and IT Roles Demystified
- The Recruiting Software Developers Masterclass
- Recruiting BI, Big Data and AI Masterclass
- Recruiting Infrastructure and Cloud Masterclass
- Recruiting Telecoms and IT Convergence Masterclass
- The IT Recruitment Masterclass – Online Learning platform
- Downloadable PDFs of Course Agendas