IT Recruitment Masterclass. Day 1 IT Terminology Demystified
The IT Recruitment Masterclass. Day 1
IT Concepts and Terminology Demystified
Overview and Objectives:
One of our most popular titles, this course is a must for any IT recruitment consultant, resourcer or HR specialist looking to build up credibility within today’s IT recruitment arena. This training will teach you everything you need to know in order to confidently discuss a broad range of IT concepts, strategies, roles and technologies with both candidates and clients alike. As well as clarifying the jargon and terminology seen on IT CVs, you will be introduced to some of the newer associated technologies (such as virtualisation BYOD, Cloud, Internet of Things, Mobile development) and become more confident in handling all the associated roles in these areas. The course is designed to give even the most cynical technophobes a warm feeling about the brave new world of IT in the 21st century. Regardless of your previous occupation or experience with IT, we are confident that we can instill a new passion, energy and credibility, thus giving you that solid foundation as you launch into your new career.
Understanding IT Basics from a Recruitment Perspective
- Defining an IT System
- The IT 3 layer sponge cake
- A fundamental model of IT to aid discussion
A first look at the evolving 21st Century hardware layer
- The spectrum from IBM Watson Supercomputer to Smartphone
- BYOD – the CTOs biggest challenge (part 1)
- The Internet of Things – Hardware becomes intelligent
Operating Systems and how they influence strategy
- The Open Source Philosophy – Unix to Linux and Android
- Closed approaches – Windows to iOS
Absorbing 21st Century IT Trends
- Big Data
- The Internet of Things
- BYOD (2)
Software Development and Languages
- Front End and Back End Developers
- From C to Java and .NET
- Systems Integration and Middleware
- Java in low latency high frequency systems
- Java versus C# (.NET) – a simple comparison
- What to look out for in both Java and C# candidates
- Other languages and where they sit
- What is Scripting?
- PHP, HTML, XML, Python, Ruby and more
- Android and iOS development
Evolution of Hardware from a Recruitment Perspective
- From mainframe to PC to Virtualised
- Networked architecture
- Thin and Fat client-server architectures
- Cloud Computing. SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, DaaS
- VMWare, HyperV, HyperVisor and virtualization
- Citrix XenSuite and their competitors
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE
Understanding the IT Project Lifecycle and the Agile Methods
- IT Project Lifecycle and Agile
- How the IT roles appear and relate to each other
- Why people are turning away
- Other approaches to recruitment
- Recruiting for AGILE, SCRUM, DevOps and TDD clients
- Understanding which recruitment style your company favours
Overview of IT Companies
- The big players and where they sit
- Leaders in the software industry
- Leaders in the hardware industry
- Leaders in the database industry
- Companies covered include Oracle, SAP, Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, IBM, Lenovo.
Workshops and delegate presentations throughout the day. Content and sequence may vary slightly at the trainer’s discretion. Download the pdf version of this course outline.
Examples of slides using during this delivery:
Click on slide window to activate (they may take time to load).
This product is also available as an online course.
Additional questions you may have.
Where is this training delivered?
Where in the world can this be delivered?
What are the timings of the course?
What is given out as course material?
What is the optimum size of the class?
Do the attendees need to prepare or research anything before the event?
Please wait while you are redirected...or Click Here if you do not want to wait.
Enquire about this course
- Contact us for Pricing and Availability
- IT Recruitment Masterclass Day – Redirect
- Holistica Masterlcasses
- Notify us of your progress so that we can validate your certificate.
- Congratulations! Now Claim Your Certificate.
- IT Recruitment Survival Guide
- Holistica Online Platform Terms and Conditions
- Standard Terms and Conditions for Training events
- New Home
All of the Masterclass Training Courses
- IT Recruitment Masterclass. Day 1 IT Terminology Demystified
- IT Recruitment Masterclass Day 2 : The IT Department and IT Roles Demystified
- The Recruiting Software Developers Masterclass
- Recruiting BI, Big Data and AI Masterclass
- Recruiting Infrastructure and Cloud Masterclass
- Recruiting Telecoms and IT Convergence Masterclass
- Downloadable PDFs of Course Agendas
- Online training courses