Recruiting BI, Big Data and AI Masterclass
The Recruiting Business Intelligence, Big Data and AI Masterclass
Overview and Objectives:
Another world first from Holistica for those in IT recruitment. A tried and tested, highly acclaimed event for those looking to show their credibility within today’s Big Data and Database/ Data Warehousing recruitment arena.
This training will teach you everything you need to know in order to confidently discuss a broad range of IT concepts, strategies, roles
and technologies with both candidates and clients alike. As well as clarifying the jargon and terminology seen on IT CVs, you will be introduced to some of the newer associated technologies (such as Machine Learning, Watson and AI) and become more confident in handling all the associated roles in these areas (including Data Analyst and Data Scientist).
The course is designed to give even the most cynical technophobes a warm feeling about the brave new world of IT in the 21st century. Regardless of your previous occupation or experience with IT, we are confident that we can instill a new passion, energy and credibility, thus giving you that solid foundation as you launch into your new career.
Database Concepts and Terminology – Understanding the basics
- ‘Data is the New Soil’
- By the time you’ve read this slide…
- The 2016 Internet minute
- From flat file to RDBMS
- Codd’s Rules
- The art of modelling data
- Requirements of a good RDBMS
Database Roles in detail
- The Database Developer
- The role in detail
- Duties and outcomes
- Database Design
- The wonder of SQL
- Functions, reports and Queries
- Schemas objects and tables
- The commands within SQL
- Modify, add, test, purge
- How developers and DBAs utilise SQL
- Variants of SQL (PL/SQL, TSQL, NoSQL etc)
- The age of MDX and DAX
- Putting it into Practice within Oracle
- The Oracle Developer
- Testing Developer and DBA
- Oracle Forms and Oracle Fusion
- Oracle Golden Gate and RAC
- The LAMP stack
The Database Administrator (DBA)
- Roles and responsibilities
- Configuring, tuning and testing
- From Unit to White box testing
- ACID validation
- Capacity planning
- Disaster recovery
- What is Big Data
- The 3 V’s of Big Data
- The data explosion is here
- From terabyte to Yottabyte
- From Tesco Clubcard to Gene Sequencing
- The Players
- Mongodb, Drupal and more
Data Warehousing: The Platform for BI
- What is a Data Warehouse?
- The uses of a Data Warehouse
- Metadata, cubes and hypercubes
- The types of Metadata
- Data Marts
- SAP Business Objects as a BI tool
Business Intelligence: Extracting the value from Big Data
- From raw to useful
- BI tools for measuring KPIs
- BD components from a BI perspective
Business Intelligence: Meet the Team
- BI Architect
- DW Designer
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Chief Data Officer
- ETL Specialist
- Machine Learning and AI specialist
Data Analyst versus Data Scientist
- The roles side by side
- Hadoop, Mapreduce: How they are used
- Cassandra, Splunk: How they are used
- Clustered systems
- Machine Learning Algorithms
- Naïve Bayes
- Monte Carlo simulations
- K-Means clustering
- Stages of Data Analytics
- Data Analysis tools
- The reporting tools
- HOLAP in detail
- What to look out for on CVs
Data Scientists and the world of Predictive Analytics
- The 3 types of classic analytics
- The key uses of predictive analytics
- Churn analysis
- Predicting Weather
- Credit scoring
- What is Machine Learning?
- What is an algorithm?
- Google’s driverless car AI
- Python with Pandas
- Watson and the road to higher intelligence
Quizzes, workshops and discussion throughout the day
Content and sequence may vary slightly at the trainer’s discretion.
Examples of slides using during this delivery:
Click on slide window to activate (they may take time to load).
Additional questions you may have.
Where is this training delivered?
Where in the world can this be delivered?
What are the timings of the course?
What is given out as course material?
What is the optimum size of the class?
Do the attendees need to prepare or research anything before the event?